A lot of businesses conduct business online and need the ability to accept credit card payments. Depending on your need, you may use simple to use payment systems like PayPal, Google check out etc. whereby all you need to do is copy/paste a code snippet into your site and it works seamlessly.
For stores with few hundreds to thousands of products, you may have special scenarios to handle. Some of them are described below:
- You may want to customize the check out experience of the buyer and make the payments look like they happened on your website without the need to redirect them to a secure website to make the payment
- You may want to remove restrictions (esp. payment limits) that payment systems like PayPal may have in which case non-verified PayPal members cannot pay you more than a certain amount.
- You may want to offer customers the ability to store their payment profiles to avoid re-entering card information every time on check out to make it easy on them
- You may just want to authorize the transaction when your customer orders online without conducting a sale
- You may want to refund your customers through your website
All the above scenarios can be handled easily by payment gateways like Authorize.net. Here are few payment methods we recommend depending on your usage:
- Authorize.net Simple Checkout is used to install Authorize.net on your website without any technical expertise. This is for websites with few tens of products and you do not need to spend on payment integration. You can copy/paste the ‘Buy Now’ button code to your website to integrate Auth.net.
- Authorize.net SIM – Server Integration Method is used to make the check out process simple while keeping the check out process virtually transparent. There is no need of a SSL certificate in this case.
- Authorize.net AIM – Advanced Integration Method is used typically when you want the check out process to be transparent to the customer. For AIM to work, you must install SSL certificate on your website for it to securely transact confidential information with Authorize.net
- Authorize.net CIM – Customer Information Manager is used when you would like features like stored card payments, multiple shipping/payment profiles to be managed for customers and manage customer transactions, shipping and payment profiles easily.
For more information on integrating Authorize.net or e-commerce website development, refer to our website.
By Abhi Patel
Contact Us for a FREE 30-min Consultation!
Please fill up the form below and we will contact you shortly to offer you a free 30-min consultation to grow your business.