Schema markup code has been an important SEO aspect within a noticeably short time period. The Schema Markup code is used to return the users with specific results of their search query. This latest piece of optimization is easily one of the most powerful tools to improve the SEO of your website.
Schema Markup is not a tough nut to crack. In fact, it’s one of the simplest ways to boost the SEO of your website by using the Schema Markup code without learning any coding.
This optimization also gives the crawler clear information about the context of your website. And the clearer the context of your website is, the more are the chances of your website ranking high in the search engine results.
How Does Schema Markup Code help in SEO?
So, let’s understand the working algorithm of Schema mark-up code and how does it work. Firstly, you must know that a Schema Markup Code works for numerous scales of data like Articles, Local Businesses, Restaurants, Movies, etc.
Schema Markup Code is believed to increase the organic CTR of a website as compared to the website with no Schema Markup Code. Also, it is noted by SEO professionals including our team that a website with Schema Markup Code ranks on an average four positions higher as compared to the websites with no Schema Markup Code.
As you can use Schema Markup Code for a large range, chances are high that your website falls under this radar, and you can go a step ahead of your competitors in terms of SEO.
How to use Schema Markup Code to boost SEO?
Now, how do you use Schema Markup Code to boost the SEO of your website? How do you ensure the results after you use this code are positive? You are about to find the answers. Just scroll down and read how can you use the Schema Markup Code.
- To initiate the Schema Markup Code process, open Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper.
- Then, choose the type of data you desire to mark up. You will see several options like Articles, Events, Restaurants, Movies, etc. Select the data you wish to markup before moving further.
- Enter the URL of the page you desire to Markup. Once you do it, click the Start Tagging button.
- Now, select the element you wish to markup. It can be a paragraph from a piece of content, or a certain point from the bulleted list, or even the name of an article. After you select the element, select “Name” from the tooltip. As soon as you select “Name”, the Markup element will be added to the tooltip.
- Then, keep on selecting the elements you wish to markup.
- Now is the time to create the HTML. On the topmost right side, you will see a “Create HTML” button. Click the button. You will be shown the HTML with the selected markup data incorporated in it. Download this HTML code. You will see the Download option in the menu of the HTML window.
- Now go to the source code of your website and paste this HTML there. That’s all! You are done with marking up the desired content using the Schema Markup code.
- Now, we will check the results & verify if things are working for us. You can test the structured data using the Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Open the Structured Data Testing Tool and go with any one of “Fetch URL”, or “Code Snippets”. Which option shall you go with? The Fetch URL option helps to test the live page. While the Code Snippets allow you to check the Schema Markup.
- Thus, go with Code Snippets and add the HTML code that you just downloaded. You will see several results with some recommendations. Check if the content you selected to markup is present there. If it’s there, you are on the right track.
- You can also get a variety of schema codes by searching on Schema markup website.
How to use Schema Markup Code efficiently?
To use the Schema Markup Code efficiently, just keep the below-listed tips in your mind.
- Analyze The Competition: This is the first and a very important step you need to follow to start off with your Schema Markup Code. Analyzing your competitors will give you a clear idea of what type of content should you markup & what type of schema code you should use for e.g., Medical Organization, Legal, Automotive, etc.
- Focus On High Volume Pages: Instead of adding Schema Markup on every page of the website, we recommend you focusing on the high-volume generating page of your website. Check the organic traffic on the pages of your website and decide which pages should you start with.
- Focus On Your Credibility: Earning the trust factor of the visitor is of utmost importance to get the number of conversions. To do so, add the factors which actually make the visitor trust you. Like, testimonials, customer reviews, etc. Don’t hesitate to show off the praise that you have received for your services. That’s how you will earn the trust of the customers with just one visit.
- Quantity Matters Along with Quality: In the lines of Schema Markup Code, the number of markup codes matters. The more the markup codes are, the better it is for your website. And don’t mark up the hidden content of your website at all. Only the content which is visible on your website must be marked up.
As mentioned above, Schema Markup Code is extremely easy to implement. Yet not many businesses have been able to get the advantage this powerful SEO tactic carries alongside it. However, the use of this optimization is believed to be rising every day.
If you wish to drive more traffic to your website using some powerful SEO features like Schema Markup Code, you can rely on Toronto SEO Consultants at Pat’s Marketing. Contact us by using the number 888-488-7287 (toll-free). We are eager to drive more traffic for you on your website and ensure your business gets a major boost by your strong online presence.